Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I got my bike back. In less than two weeks!

After my little brother deployed to Afghanistan two weeks ago, my lovely mother drove his '89 Cadillac up to Boston for me to car sit for the next seven months. I was cruisin' in the Caddy when I saw some kid riding my bike up Washington Street. The lock was still on it and everything. I pulled over and told him it was my bike. He stopped and was really nice about it, very apologetic. I suppose I could have caused a stink but I was just so pleased to get my baby back. My lights were gone but otherwise the bike was intact. It's so nice to be back on a bike that goes quickly and stops and shifts when I want it to.

After a mostly lazy three day weekend I'm trying to gear up for two weddings and a 9 day trip to Belgium with my mom. Why is dress shopping so hard? I must have tried on 25 dresses during my lunch break today. They were all super pricey, a bad fit, or just not that awesome. I really wanted to make my own dress with some wax print fabric from Africa but, even if I had a lot of time, I'm sure I'd screw it up without a pattern. If anyone knows a good site for dress patterns, please let me know.

I might just go with something simple like this:

I can't stop listening to Tune-Yards and I need music suggestions. Please help. What have you been listening to?

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wHMORwlHY

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicky would've undoubtedly won first prize in JP's rooster bicycle race.

    ReplyDelete