Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Song(s) of the Week

My iPod gained about 100lbs this weekend and is now fat with new music. The sudden influx of tunes, combined with the sleepy gray skies in Boston, are making me indecisive. So this week there is a four-way tie for best song.

1. "When I'm With You" - Best Coast

This feels very 90s to me and rekindles my long-held dreams of being a rock star.

2. "Hurricane Season" - Trombone Shorty
New Orleans' golden boy does it again.


3. Dance Yrself Clean - LCD Soundsystem
This is a video someone made with Kermit the Frog singing. It's pretty rad. LCD Soundsystem played what they announced as their final show at Madison Square Garden on April 2nd. I'm really hoping they will make a comeback, and ideally one that coincides with the inevitable collective millennial mid-life crisis. What could be better than a new throwback dance album (with cowbells) to get us through hard times?

BTW, the song comes from the album This is Happening, a swell choice for the gym.

4. "Came Out of a Lady" - Rubblebucket
I can't get this song out of my head. You can download the new Rubblebucket album Omega La La on their website for free if you agree to promote the band on your Facebook page and send the link to four friends. The music is not otherwise available until June.

I'm not as high on the whole album as I am on this song but perhaps it will grow on me.

Happy Earth Day and Happy Pesach to all my favorite Jews!

No comments:

Post a Comment