Monday, March 14, 2011

Soup and Soul

Spring is just rising its cute little head in Boston. It's enough to get me thinking about tomatoes and flip flops but, of course, it flurried today, so not too excited.

I've found that nothing kills the bad weather blues like Wyatt's roommate's sausage ravioli soup. Jim is his name and he uses lots of sausage and puts mozzarella straight in the soup. It's heaven in a bowl. I'm supposed to stop eating dairy so I made my own version without the cheese and used squash ravioli. It's not quite as awesome but still very satisfying.


Sausage Ravioli Soup with spinach, peppers and tomatoes.

On my buddy Norm's recommendation I've been listening to Fitz and the Tantrums almost exclusively. The band's website calls their music "familiar but distinct" and I'm not sure I can say anything more fitting than that. It's a little hokey but in an endearing way. Imagine the Scissor Sisters and Meat Loaf coming together as a neo-soul outfit. Listeners can expect some soulful voices, saxophone, and lyrics you can learn on the first listen. Fun facts: they've toured with Sharon Jones, they recorded their album Pickin' Up the Pieces in the band leader's living room, and the female singer is named Noelle. Noelle Scaggs.

"Money Grabber" Gold Digger 2.o


"Winds of Change"


This is definitely good music for the gym, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment