Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oil on canvas

(a poem about the rhythm of art galleries)


Oil on canvas.
Graphite on paper.
Courtesy of Geoffrey and Melinda Hotchkiss.
b. London, 1961
I wonder if this is the artist's boyfriend. If someone paints a fullsize nude portrait of you and you breakup, does your partner get to burn the piece? Do you?
Silver gelatin print.
b. Michigan, 1943
b. Antwerp, 1980
Oil on linen.
Mixed media on wood.
I like that one.
I could do that.
I want to make art like that.
I need more time to make art. I need things to make art about.

Acrylic on newspaper.
Cute boy with a beard. He's carrying a moleskine,
Just like mine
Oil on canvas.
Art student? Grad student. Looks older. I'm gonna say sculptor. Big, rough hands. Nice.

Woodblock print.
Courtesy of John and Ginger Friedman.
Feathers, sequins, acrylic on cardboard.
I wonder if he saw me gawking. I'm gonna marry an artsy boy. It has to happen.
Cast bronze.
Graphite on paper.
Oil on canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment