Thursday, August 27, 2009

La Blagoteque

It turns out the French are good for something other than food and wine, namely www.blogotheque.net

Given my poor French reading comprehension I can't tell you all that much about the site, who funds it, etc. What I can tell you is they have made several sets of sweet music videos with really good bands. Some are on the streets of Paris, others are on a boat and some are in a van driving around the lower east side in Manhattan. They are all done in one shot and with pretty good sound quality. My favorite is Beirut doing "Nantes" on the streets of Paris but there are several gems and others that are just neat, e.g. Arcade Fire doing "Neon Bible" in an elevator and Vampire Weekend singing two songs in Paris. I also really like the Wombats singing "Let's Dance to Joy Division" while driving a small motor boat with ridiculous sunglasses on.

I also want to share this awesome flash dance from the Aussie Powershift. Thanks Dan! It starts slow so wait a minute before you dismiss it. It's pretty freakin' rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment