Monday, June 29, 2009

Just a few little things

Album of the moment is Beach House's Devotion. Thanks to Mike D for the intro and to Elise and Dan for providing the album. I can't stop listening to "Gila" and "Turtle Island". I want to sing like them. They're from Baltimore, home to other awesome but sort of weird bands like Animal Collective and Celebration.

Chocolate with sea salt is where it's at. I thought I was done with chocolate. Not so much. Poco Dolce just rocked my world a little bit.

A candidate at this past interview weekend in Chicago told me about this great MTR blog. There is a vote coming up on the Appalachia Restoration Act (S 696). You best call your Senator!

I finally saw "Away We Go" with Emily yesterday. I recommend it to everyone. You can tell Eggers helped write the screen play because as much as it makes you tear up, it's also complete with ridiculous parent-child interactions and...wait for it... vagina jokes!

And since Mike was kind enough to introduce me to yet another amazing band (as he has for 8 years running) I'm going to rep his music to my 5 other regular readers. Based in Raleigh, Gross Ghost is truly on the verge, ready to make a splash in the soulful, sometimes electronic I-want-to-make-out- to-you genre. I think Blur when I listen to it but really you could say that about a handful of awesome bands that this group borrows from. Watch out for them on Brooklyn Vegan when their album drops at the end of the summer (ensha-allah, god willing).


No comments:

Post a Comment