Thursday, January 5, 2012

Daptone Turns 10!


Daptone Records, home to Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, Budos Band, Menahan Street Band, and many other great artists, just celebrated it's 10th year in business. The Brooklyn-based funk, soul and R&B label has received a lot of attention on this blog so rather than repeat myself, I will refer you to this comprehensive story from the Atlantic.

My buddies Chris and Mike first introduced me to Budos while we were cooking at their house in Nashville more than 5 years ago. I caught the Daptone bug bad and I haven't turned back. I can never thank them enough.

Exciting news: SJDK are playing Jazz Fest in NOLA this year. I have no business buying another plane ticket right now (I'M GOING TO BELIZE IN FEBRUARY, BITCHES) but that's what tax returns are for and I can make money when I'm dead right? Isn't that how the saying goes?

1 comment: