Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last Night's Dinner

Wyatt heard about this place in Dorchester that's supposed to have the best fried chicken in Boston. I was craving fake mashed potatoes and he wanted to check it out, so we went.

It's called Mrs. Jones'. It's take out only and it's in a half gentrified neighborhood known as the Lower Mills.

They were out of fried chicken but we didn't go hungry. Instead I think I went up a pants size and felt compelled to revisit vegetarianism. It was damn good though. These shots are from about halfway through our meal.







BBQ chicken, ribs, mashed and Mac 'n cheese.







Turkey leg, collards and "unreal" candied yams.

This weekend is my boy Jesse's wedding at a summer camp on Lake Winnipisaukee in New Hampshire so you can look forward to dispatches from that three day party.

It seems like everyone's getting hitched these days. It's fun for me though. I can't complain, especially since now I should actually be able to afford to attend the weddings. Whattup big kid salary! Tonight we had a small Green Corps '08 reunion with the Undiabolical EMC and got excited for the wedding of our fellow classmate Ben Walsh, coming up this October in Vermont. Then I've got two more this summer in Chicago and Nashvegas. Now, if someone could plan a wedding in the Northwest or Southwest so I can finally go there, that'd be great.

I keep learning of people who read the blog. Thanks y'all. Leave me a comment sometime. I'll take requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment