Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to school

I started my new job last Wednesday. It's not quite as pretty as my last place of employment,



But I do get to listen to more music and right now I'm riding the T to get there so I have a lot more time to read and try my hand in the art of crossword puzzles.



To celebrate my transition to the 9-5 workforce, Wyatt took me to a restaurant week special at 647 Tremont in the South End. The food, described as adventurous American cuisine, was interesting and tasty. My favorite dish was a sage encrusted ribeye with sweet and sour kale. The two went together like macaroni and cheese. The music was the best (non-live) I've ever heard in a restaurant in Boston. Lots of soul, Cat Power and other random indie artists. We sat outside. The inside seems a little less awesome, FYI.



This is Wyatt enjoying the s'more brownie dessert.

Friday we joined Kaz and Jonathan on a water taxi to Scups on the harbor in East Boston. The food was good and the strangers we sat with were fun. I had the best BLT ever, complete with pesto mayo and cheese. The place is known for it's empanadas but sadly, they'd run out by the time we got there at 7:30pm. We did get to witness some fun drama between the owner of the restaurant and a customer who refused to move her mastiff out of the way of the waitstaff. The dog owner seemed very offended by the suggestion that her "baby" might be breaching fire code.


There is some cool art in the area, if you like that kind of stuff.


This is a gigantic fish.

I already miss my farm coworkers.



It doesn't get much better than Samara and a staffed jumble berry pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment