Saturday, January 2, 2010

cool food blogs


I'm looking to build a cold frame in the back yard so we can plant some winter veggies. I haven't found anyone yet who has successfully grown veggies in a Boston winter but I am going to try. I think we can do it for $20. In my research I came across a lot of neat blogs and articles about food.

Here is a blog I found by a woman outside Boston. Like me, she enjoys documenting her harvest.

The Slow Cook is a blog by former Washington Post reporter Ed Bruske. He lives on Capitol Hill and writes about veggies, cooking and politics. Love it!

Civil Eats is neat too.

Please tell me if you know of others I should be reading!

MIT researchers think we can combat childhood obesity by increasing regional food consumption. If the nerds at MIT say so, it must be true right? I particularly liked this line:

“People haven’t focused on our food system yet because it’s big, it’s political, and it’s
complex,” says Carlough. “But it is a critical issue that needs to be addressed.”

Some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment