Monday, January 25, 2010

The Macrotones and a quick update

Wyatt is always sad that I don't give him more shout outs in the blog so I've included a video his band, the Macrotones, playing the Middle East Upstairs January 1, 2010. Wyatt is on the congas, all the way to the right. This video features "Architecture," off their first album Wayne Manor. They are in the studio tonight recording the last tracks for a new album. The 'tones play the Middle East Upstairs again on February 20th with Rubblebucket, winner of the 2009 Boston Music Award's Best Live Act. I'll be there, perhaps selling sweet seafoam green Macrotones t-shirts. Come hang out!



In other news, I just set up a plant light to grow seedlings in my kitchen. I know what it sounds like. Believe me, I wish it were marijuana but arugula sprouts are pretty good too. My next step is to build a cold frame in the back yard. I'm looking for cheap soil and hoping the snow will melt a little.

A few folks have called me about sweet jobs lately and it's been a little heart-breaking to turn them down. Unfortunately, I still have some work to do before I can re-enter the world-saving workforce. After a crap-ton of doctor's appointments in the last month, I'm basically back where I started. No new diagnoses, just a f-ed up back, weird facial twitches and some new drugs. (I wasn't taking anything for anything before a week ago.) I'm meant to go and do aquatic therapy but it seems all the pools that offer it are terribly far away, like in Lynn, who goes there? I think I'm better off investing in a personal trainer. What I really need is someone to kick my ass and force me to get a six pack so I can do things like running, sitting and side plank!

My goal is to reach a point where I can stand at concerts and wake up without feeling 85. I'm getting there, even if it takes turning into a gym rat with a subscription to Women's Health. Last night I did a Bollywood Booty workout video in my living room. God help me.

I'll leave you with another Macrotones video. This one has a great close up of Wyatt's drum face. That's my boyfriend!

1 comment: