Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home is Where the Veggies Roam

Tonight K Momma came over for a veggie-tastic dinner at the commune which included roasted beets with fennel, grilled patty pan sqaush (my fav), onions and peppers, veggie burgers, goat cheese, greens from the garden and UFO white beer with orange slices. Buying a tiny charcoal grill was the best thing we've done for the commune since we moved in. Once we get tongs and a receiver for the record player we'll really be in business.

Saturday I splurged ($5) on records at Boomerangs, a Jamaica Plain staple and a truly amazing establishment. I acquired The Band's Greatest Hits along with a Yes album and a French instructional record, in addition to a big blue lamp for our porch. Now we can find the bottle opener when we need it! Too bad baby robins shat all over the place and their handywork is also now well illuminated.

Ben and I were able to catch (500) Days of Summer last night, a film I'd recommend to almost everyone. It's got some hilarious moments, sychronized dancing, an animated bluebird, and a nice soundtrack. Seeing the film rekindled my love for Regina Spektor, "Us" in particular, and made me want to listen to She & Him a bunch more. How come Zooey Deschanel gets an awesome voice and unbelievable eyeballs? This video is neat.

Operation Grow Shit (OGS) is really coming along. The squash plants and chammomile are flowering and there are tiny, tiny green tomatoes. My compost is also growing wicked white mushrooms. Will include pictures soon.

1 comment: