Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July & Beadazzling Bicycles

I had a surprisingly lovely 4th thanks to some good friends and roomies. We started out with a loose plan to bike to Walden Pond, and ended up going to Singing Beach in Manchester-by-the-sea. I got to ride a tandem bicycle for the first time (and watch my housemates master it), we enjoyed some wicked good ice cream, ate all kinds of good food (mozzarella-stuffed burgers and potato salad), and then we got to watch many, many fireworks displays from a balcony in Fort Hill in Roxbury.

Unfortunately, I got doored on my way to watch the fireworks but I didn't break anything and my friends picked me up so it all worked out. I also didn't get run over and the woman driving the car behind me stopped and gave me all her contact info in case I needed a witness. And, the guy who doored me was very sweet and apologetic. In a weird way the experience made me appreciate my neighborhood more. As far as getting all busted up, I'm going to consider it a right of passage, like maybe I'm a real city cyclist now.

Speaking of cycling, here is a cute piece I wanted to share from local bike blog Biking in Heels about meeting the challenge of bringing home a CSA by bicycle.
BEDAZZLE.
Ryan and Aaron brave the tandem at Singing Beach.
V conquers her rapidly melting ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment