Thursday, September 16, 2010

Randos



I'm sitting in the kitchen with Veronica, listening to Jamiroquai and talking about how great Fall is, mostly because of squash, especially the delicata variety. I'm convinced it makes the best soup.

If it's been awhile since you've listened to Jamiroquai's Travelling Without Moving, I highly recommend it. I don't know what it is about me and loving skinny men who sing like women but it really is some of my favorite music: Beck's Midnight Vultures, The Scissor Sisters, Prince, Darondo, Justin Timberlake, Republic of Loose...and the list goes on. I'll try to think more about just what it is about falsetto that really gets me going.


I've also been really into old N.W.A. lately, don't ask me why. It kept coming up on my shuffle and then I committed to giving it some real love.

I'm in the midst of writing a review of Love and Death, the first ever internationally distributed album from Ghanaian Fela Kuti contemporary Ebo Taylor . It's freaking solid. If you want to impress your friends at a party, buy this album. Maybe even on vinyl. Warning: it may cause a lot of spontaneous booty shaking and people may call you a pretentious ass 'cause they'll be jealous of how ahead of the curve you are.

These are a couple photos I forgot to include in earlier posts: cosmos at Allandale and a scene from the Life is Good fest.

1 comment:

  1. Hi-

    just so you know, Love and Death is Ebo Taylor's first EVER internationally released album! Strut made a mistake on their website but it's corrected now. I should know, because I produced the record. Glad to hear you like it! We are really excited about it--

    ReplyDelete