Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Adventures, COSTCO and Pollitos!

New chicks came in the mail today, just in time for the first day of Allandale Summer Camp. How could you not like camp when there are baby chickens to play with?

They will grow up to be fancy chickens. Some of have furry feet and others have fluffy little pompadours.
I'm hoping we can keep them alive in the heat wave. I really don't want to be picking up any dead little nuggets in the next few days. Jim says we'll lose some- guaranteed. Oh, the circle of life...

Over the weekend Wyatt and I went swimming at Blue Hills then stopped by the Clark Cooper Community Gardens in Mattapan. With over 280 plots, it's one of Boston's largest community gardens.
If you're a vegetable nerd like me, you might also have a great time walking through it. It's full of collards, tomatoes, zucchini and these things, which might be Egyptian Onion?

Last night former Green Corps interns Dan and Dom came over for a dinner of falafel-like veggie burgers and greens from the garden. Dan requested garden photos so here you go kid (sorry it's the worst picture ever):


This is our ghetto raised bed. Notice Veronica's tomatillo plant in the left corner, mustard mix and romaine, and Emily's 3 sets of onions.

And here's a live review I did last week of Tall Heights.

AND Greenpeace launched the next phase of its sustainable seafood campaign today, this time targeting COSTCO.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you No L! Also, sweet garden. I totally didn't realize you had a blog until just now, when I clicked on your baby chick photos link. Which makes me think, "jeez, I should just gchat her!"

    Gotta go!

    ReplyDelete